Saturday 12 July 2014

Well, coming through Middlewich locks, we were in the top lock, when a boat appeared ready to come down, I informed the boat behind us to leave their gate open on the lock they were leaving.  I informed the “lady”, and she snapped back “ huh, I would have gone down and told them,anyway” “ well, I have saved your little legs a job then”. She replies “ well, you have to leave your gate open anyway”, to which her husband and I said “ no, we are talking about the next lock down”. She was a right old cross-patch, but managed to wish Mick a nice day.

HOWEVER, 2 days later I am walking back from a lock, having been studying the path up to Beeston Castle. Mrs Angry is stalking along to the lock, and as I go to say “hello”, she very pointedly,looks away and boy what a face, talk about turning milk sour.  I said hello to her man, and he replied. Back at the boat I got my binoculars out and trained them along to their boat, and she was looking.  She waved, I waved and then…………………………………………………she tapped the side of her head !!!!!!

Now,    a) Was she indicating that she had a bad head?
              b)  was she trying to tell me that she is , in fact, a nutter?
             c) was she telling me that she feels that I am a nutter ?
I could not stop laughing. I found it very amusing.

Saw them in the pub in the afternoon, and although we had spoken to her husband, she stalked passed.   The game is on. !  I am now on a mission to get her to say hello to me in a civil and friendly fashion.  They are now in front of us, on the way to Ellesmere Port.Wish me luck. !


Another boat that is in the vicinity also has some strange ideas. When asked as to where we were mooring up, I replied “ through the bridge, and on the right. Lovely 48hour moorings”. To which this posh bloke replied “  oooh, please save a place for us”. I must have given him a strange look as he then said “ if anyone else turns up, just glare at them “.  What ????  I said that I am not good at glaring, and that there were plenty of spaces. There are some funny folk about all of a sudden.

Have been seeing loads of grebes, which must mean that the canal is in a reasonable state, although you still wouldn't want to fall in.


Where we are moored at the moment, is right by the side of a cricket ground, with a fishing tackle shop nearby.  So Mick is listening to cricket, watching cricket, fishing, watching football and the golf begins next week.   I am off shopping. !



No comments:

Post a Comment