Tuesday 15 July 2014

So, on the way to Chester, we did a “crossover” in the staircase lock, which was quite exciting. We have only done this once on a 2 lock Staircase, but this one in Chester has  3 locks.  One boat was already In  the top lock, and one was in the bottom, so we couldn’t share. Top boat went down and Crossed over with boat at the bottom in the last lock. We then entered top lock, and crossed over with the boat coming up in the 2nd lock. Or summat like that anyway. Good fun.

At the bottom of the locks, on some waste ground, I watched 2 druggies. Tis the first time that I have cried at the sight of 2 people so beholden to a chemical.  He was completely out of his skull,. At one  point he was whistling an imaginary dog.

But he  was being very tender towards the girl. Making sure that her collar was turned up against the wind , and holding her very gently, as she wobbled and shook. Then he came to help with the lock. !!!!!  I said that I was ok, and asked if his lady was ok.  He said that she had been in hospital on a catheter, but he reckoned she had been dis charged too soon, as she was in pain. I could see her holding her side. I doubt if she could see anything. He helped with the lock anyway, and I noticed blood stains on his fingers. I said, that perhaps it would be best if he took her back to hospital.  She was so young, and I suspect he wasn’t that old, but was so ravaged by drugs.

Ellesmere Port. !  Wow. What a fantastic place to stay and visit. The Waterways Museum is truly brilliant and so interesting, and just as a little aside, there were some damson trees  that were dropping their fruit and no-one was picking them . !!!!!!!  Can you guess what we have made ????? Answer at the bottom.

It was a funny feeling being moored so close to the sea. !!!  We had the Manchester ship canal, by the side, and we found a beachy bit for Finlay, and over the bank was the Mersey Estuary. Wonderful.

On the way back to Chester, I had, just HAD to stop at the Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet  facility.  Cor. And Cor again.  Great Set up .   Although , all I came away with was a nice pair of troos, for the winter.  I STILL cant afford anything from Phase Eight or Jigsaw, even in the bloody sales.  A thin stripy  t shirt, reduced from £79 to £49 seems a bit much to me.  And Saddo, that I am, I am looking forward to trawling around the Charity shops, when we get back to Chester.


DAMSON GIN. !  well, what else would it be ???? a pie ???  well, now I come to think of it. I have some golden damsons left over.  Hey, I hope they are damsons. ! Do they come as a golden variety??? Anyone ????



 Crossing over in a staircase lock.

 Manchester ship canal. The other side of that bank is the seaside, well almost.

 Ellesmere Port Waterways Museum

 Gorgeous boat. mmmmm

 I dont think that swan wants to be throttled, Mick. 

 Well, tell him to keep his undercrackers on., please. we'll have none of that.

 Man Ship Canal and a bit of play for Finlay


 stop giggling, you lot. !!! 
 the last No 1 working boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment