Sunday 20 July 2014

After a foray into Chester, we headed off towards that lovely mooring above the Shady Oak( rubbish, in our opinion )pub. In the evening we watched a barn owl hunting over the fields. You could have set your watch by him/her. Mick caught quite a few fish including a 2.5lb bream. So he was happy.

I enticed Mick and Finlay to come with me to Beeston Castle ruins.Mick is not into long walking, but he really enjoyed it, and it was quite challenging with quite a few ascents here and there.  Views fantastic, and found a walk where wilds  raspberries grew. So they were picked and put into a sponge. Well, there is only so much booze one can make!!!!. 

On the way back the farmer had altered the path slightly, as they were moving cattle, so ELECTRIC fencing had been put in place during  our travels within the ruins.  On the way back, we had to open and close and lock a gate, and I had just said to Mick “ watch that electric fence “ when there was a low buzzzzzz sound followed by an “OUCH” sound.  The fence beat me to it.  5 mins later I said again “ don’t forget that fence “ when there was a low buzzzzz sound followed by a “ for fu**s sake” sound.  Hmmm.  Anyone  ever see that SIMPSONS episode where the whole family are having therapy and they all have electric buzzers to buzzzzz each other ?????

Saturday and I felt the Need for a Telegraph, so informed Mick that I was just off up the towpath to Beeston to find a paper.  An hour and a half later, drenched from the rain, I found myself in Bunbury( LOVELY, absolutely lovely village), and finally found my paper. The folks in the shop were amazed that I had walked from the Shady Oak. One nice lady said that there was a shorter route by Beeston Castle. OK. Great.  
So off I returned back through the lovley village, when this nice lady whizzed to a stop in a rather nice white low-slung vehicle. I’ll give you a lift partway, get in. oh, ok, thanks. Tried the door and it wouldn’t open. Oh, is it april 1st ???   No, its just a modern motor and you have to switch motor off to open doors. In I get………………….bucket seats.  I’ll re-phrase.  In I fell. !!! So laying almost flat on my back, we chatted away briefly, until  we came to a a large muddy puddle that filled the back road to the castle, and she looked at it in dismay. !!!! I looked at her, smiled, and said, look I have my walking boots on, I can get through that large muddy puddle, no problem.  Are you sure? She heaved a sigh, I think. So it was quite an adventure, really.

Monday tomorrow, and after a lovely Sunday lunch at Ye Olde Barbridge Inn, and its off to Nantwich.

Oh, yes, we did the “Bunbury Shuffle” at the locks !!!!!.

Melva, that boat was sooo beautiful . a shame that it wasn';t on a lovley river somewhere, really. and No, there are no row boats at Peterborough anymore.  Don;t you ever get the pull for some boating with you family history ???

and to Julie, who I do not know, thank you so much for you comment. 

 Twixt Ellesmere Port and Chester, and we had a couple of young buzzards for company.


 

 a. bream.

 bbq man

 electric fences. buzzzzz

oooh Jenny what big ears you've got ! 
 he's got his hand on his ass ????





 Do I have a wheel chair bound relative ??? anywhere ???? cor what fun. !!!! wheeeeeeee 
 Finlay still has it ! just can't give chase anymore.


 Bunbury Shuffle. 1 boat down, 1 up, and in t'middle top boat crosses over . !!!   get it ???? 




No comments:

Post a Comment