Monday 15 July 2013

So, we had a wonderful time in Banbury.   I accidently threw my prescription sun glasses over the side of the boat. !  Specsavers have helped out to the tune of £79.  !!!!!

Gerry and Pauline and Peter and Jean take note.   By the side of the canal there is a social club called L and G general foods.  They are very boater friendly.  The clubhouse is lovely. and air conditioned and better still beer is £1.65 A PINT and wine( decent glass) is £2.55 !!!!!!   Didn't get to try their food, but apparently very good.  But Mick and I did go to the dance after our Wonderful indian meal at THE JAI PUR .   There was a sixties band on, that was also up for more up to date music. We had a good time, and if Mick had been wearing trousers we would have had a dANCE.   I hasten to add he was wearing shorts. The only bloke in there that was.  Worth a visit..

The Auctioneer -  we went there on sunday for sunday lunch _ excellent. £8.95  however the very good beer was £3.50 a pint. 

Now below Cropredey , on a lovely towpath.  Its hot.  Mick is fishing.  I am getting confused with all the specs I have now accumulated.   They didn't do Bi focals, as I would have had to wait for 10 days. Sooooooo, I have an Orange pair solely for reading.  If I put my head up and look at owt else, I feel as if I have drunk about 3 litres of wine.   The other pair (lime green), is solely for driving and distance.  If I try to read I can't see a bloody thing.  I did find my old bi-focals.  If I choose to wear them I have to hold whatever I am reading at arms length, and with my nose in the air.  ( makes me look slightly snobby ).  If I choose to wear my clear specs( and I do NOT), they work fine but make me look about 100 years old.   Oi, I heard that !!!!!

I will let Mick know your comment Gerry, and the next time he is barbying, I will make sure that he has a glass in hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment