Sunday 23 June 2013


We are travelling quite hard now, to get away from the K & A, so Friday we arrived at Wootton Rivers, after leaving Cuckoos Nob J.

Finlay  and I, walked along  to look for a mooring, having to pass a liveaboard with all his rubbish etc out on the towpath. The next thing, something shot out of the boat and locked onto poor Finlay.  A Staffordshire Bull Terrier. !!!!   There is only one of this breed that I like and his name is Bones, and his master is bringing him up correctly.

It was just a matter of seconds, but it was truly awful , as there was nothing I could do to help Fin.  The owner of the dog managed to get her off, and he threw her back onto the boat.  He was very apologetic, however he received a telling off from me. And at the time we thought that no damage, as such had been done.

Further investigation showed that the dog had ripped into Finlays, back leg,had a small go at his back, and a scratch near his eye.

Moored up and went to see this moron. As you can guess “  I don’t have any money”, “. don’t  have any   money on my phone”.( when I asked if he could contact a vet for me). He said he could phone his bird, but that she didn’t have any money.  Eh ?   I thought he just said……………….   In the end, a lovely retired ex Royal Marine on a boat came to our  rescue and drove us 12 miles to the vet in Devizes. Where we parted with a sizeable sum for Finlays treatment. I was encouraged to phone the cops, which I did, as this dog has attacked before.  They were not interested. But at least its logged down.

As it turns out, this dog is normally tethered and MUZZLED. The thing is this towpath also has a campsite running alongside it, with small kids and dogs.

So we have a poor sad looking Finlay with an Elizabethan collar on.  That’s just GREAT on a nb NOT !!!!   So, I sacrificed one of my old T’shirts, and made him some leggings, to stop him licking at his bandage. He looks very amusing. Look.

 

The next day, we had even more fun with some hirers…….NOT.  more to follow.

 " This is NOT a good look, for a dog like what I am "

 Woe is me.

 Sheds for John Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment