Friday 27 June 2014

Tuesday and Wednesday we spent in lovely Skipton.  They are really geared up for this old bike race. All the shop windows are being painted up with hunched up cyclists, and cycles decorated up with flowers.  All anyone is really going to see is Bradley Wiggins Bum. !!!! oh well, if that’s what interests, so be it.


We have a new aeriel, which some other boaters told us about.  Its great. Small and compact and picks up a signal in amazing places.  So we are well pleased with that.  Or rather Mick is, as its Football, cricket, football, golf.  It’s a mans world. ! And now, when I career into a bridge, I wont shatter the aeriel, as its so compact and its magnetized and very hard to shift. !

Thursday we left Skipton and have made our way through Bank Newton Locks, to what is perhaps the best mooring spot on the WHOLE WATERWAY network.  Its wonderful.  Close to the Pennine way, so I have had some great walking( all be it in the wrong direction. Meant to walk to East Marton and ended up in Gargrave. I turned left at a flock of sheep when I should have turned right ).
I am now on the look- out for an OS map, so that future walking takes me the right way.  To the pub. Who said that ?????



So tomorrow, a fuel up at Barnoldswick . which I understand is Lancs. Am I correct ???  and will be hot footing it down the Lancashire side of the L and L. I hate rushing canals, but the good and numpty free moorings on this side are few and far between.  Also it has been great catching up with Chris and Mike.  Thank you both for running us about.  See you in the autumn. Get that bedroom cleared out, Chris !!!!!  

 we watched the bloke painting this.

 Skipton


 Me walking on the Pennine Way

 Wildflower Mooring

 Pennine Way



 The view from Wildflower Mooring.




No comments:

Post a Comment