Monday 22 April 2013

 Lovely moorings above Claydon Top Lock


 Eh ???? looks rude

 PUMP OUT

 13 ducklings, hope its not unlucky

 Ahhhh, that one on the right reminds me of someone, but cannot for the life of me think who ???
 
Cropredy- useless for phone signals, tv signals etc.  Great for self pump-outs , which is working brilliantly.  We will be investing in pump and pipes, when we get home.
The mooring that we have been at for 2 days was fantastic. And Finlay managed to escape THREE times. !!!!!  the last couple of times, we left him to it, and he brought himself home, and the last one he fair flew onto the boat, jumped on the bed and fell fast asleep.  I think perhaps another dog may have given chase and frightened him.
Weather was great but not quite bbq type.
On leaving the lovely mooring on Sunday morning, we discovered one of the pounds was dry. Investigating, found that the last paddle in the flight of locks had been left UP. So we are blaming the boatful of lads on the p  -   drinking ale.
My hand made bread is better today.  The one I made 2 days ago, was so dense, that when I chucked it in the canal it sunk without a trace. I thought of those lads this morning  so gave the dough  a good pummelling.  However, I think Mick wants to have a go at kneading, so I will get him involved in the next loaf.
Monday on to Banbury, and stop there, again, for a few days. Lovely.
Banbury, and have a great mooring, and as we speak at 3.45pm. all moorings taken.  So we have had a foray into the shops, and made sure that the Jai Pur, indian rest. is open tonight for a meal( the best one in town).  Mick and Jim, went off to bloke shops, and tomorrow, we have a big event planned. A 30  min walk through Spiceball Country Park, to…………………….TESCO Extra. !  I am running out of gin. Cor, we do live life in the fast lane.  I think Tuesday we may move an hour down the cut to Ayno, and pull up again for a couple of days. !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment